spook of the ozarks

unapologetic liberal

Friday, October 27, 2006

Bigtime lies

Reuters:

The vice president was asked on Tuesday by a conservative radio host from Fargo, North Dakota: "Would you agree a dunk in water is a no-brainer if it can save lives?"
"Well, it's a no-brainer for me," replied Cheney as part of a campaign by Republicans to keep national security on the minds of voters ahead of November 7 congressional elections.
Returning from a day trip to Missouri and South Carolina on Friday, Cheney told reporters on board his plane no one used the term "water boarding" in the radio interview and he had not been discussing any specific technique.
"I don't talk about techniques. I wouldn't. I have said that the interrogation program for a select number of detainees is very important. It has been I think one of the most valuable intelligence programs that we have," Cheney said. "I believe it has allowed us to prevent terrorist attacks against the United States. I did not talk about specific techniques and won't."
He added: "I didn't say anything about water boarding, those were all his (radio host) comments. He didn't even use that phrase."

Remember "I never said that?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home